Running a profitable business and maintaining a principled stance on the great issues of the day do not have to be mutually exclusive activities. At Natural Grocers we think through every decision, big and small, to make sure we are doing our best to be a responsible member of the global community.
5 Founding Principles of Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
1. We are dedicated to providing Nutrition Education, in the communities we serve. Empowering our customers and our employees to take charge of their lives and their health is the foundation upon which our business is built.
2. We are committed to Quality. Every product on our shelves must go through a rigorous screening and approval process. Our standards are second to none. Providing the highest quality groceries and supplements; Natural Grocers branded products; and only USDA certified organic fresh produce at the best prices in the industry is part of our mission.
3. We are committed to Every Day Affordable Pricing. We work hard to secure the best possible pricing on all of your favorite natural foods and supplements, so that everyone can afford to take care of their health and buy quality natural and organic products.
4. We are committed to our Community. From free nutrition education lectures, to bag-free checkouts, to sourcing local products, to our donation program; we work hard to make sure that we are serving the communities that help shape our world.
5. We are committed to our Employees. Our employees are what make our company great and we work hard to ensure that our employees are able to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. Supporting them with free nutrition education programs, good pay and excellent benefits is what helps us to ensure happy, healthy employees who deliver world-class customer service to our customers.