Denver - Design District - Alameda and Broadway
368 S Broadway
Denver, CO 80209
This simple dish needs no adorning. The colorful rainbow carrots make a visually spectacular display, while roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the carrots. Everyone will love them!
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up if desired.
2. If your carrots have their green tops, trim all but about an inch of the greens, if they don’t have greens, trim the ends. Cut each carrot in half lengthwise. Drizzle the oil over the carrots and use your hands to rub the oil over the surface of each carrot. Generously season with salt and pepper and spread out on the baking sheet cut-side down.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned and tender, rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Arrange the roasted carrots on a serving dish and sprinkle with the fresh herbs if using.
This rustic Italian soup is a perfect one-pot meal for chilly spring nights. We’ve loaded ours with good4uSM vegetables like carrots, celery, garlic, onion, zucchini, asparagus, and peas, making it easy—and delicious—to eat your vegetables. Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you—this complete meal comes together easily and is delicious left over too!
1. Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Once hot add the olive oil, swirl to coat and then add the onion, carrot, and celery. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onions are tender, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add the tomatoes, broth, water, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and salt and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the zucchini, beans, and pasta. Adjust heat as needed to maintain a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir in the asparagus, cover and continue to simmer another 8 minutes, stirring halfway through. Add the peas, cover and cook 2 more minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
4. Remove the bay leaves before serving. Serve hot topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired.
Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc