1. Cook the carrots according to package directions. Drain extra water once cooked.
2. While the carrots are cooking, mix the turmeric, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Dry the salmon fillets and coat with 1 tablespoon avocado oil and sprinkle the seasoning mix on both sides.
3. Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and place fillets in the hot pan, skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes, watching carefully to allow skin to crisp (not burn), then flip the fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Remove fish to a plate.
4. After removing the fish, turn off the skillet and immediately place the cooked carrot spirals into the hot skillet. Stir the spirals until any excess water has evaporated and they are warmed through, then squeeze the juice from half of the lemon over the spirals. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top of the spirals and cover the pan for 1 minute to allow the cheese to melt.
5. Plate the carrot spirals and place the salmon on top. Quarter the remaining lemon half into wedges and serve each plate with a lemon wedge and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Recommended Wine Style: Bordeaux
- Les Hauts de Lagarde Bordeaux White Blend