Natural Grocers Blueberry Breakfast Bake
1 cup Natural Grocers Brand Bulk Organic Steel Cut Oats, uncooked
1 (13.5-ounce) can Natural Grocers Brand Organic Original Coconut Milk
5 Natural Grocers Brand Pasture-raised Eggs
1⁄2 cup Natural Grocers Brand Grade A Dark Maple Syrup, divided
1 teaspoon Natural Grocers Brand Bulk Organic Ground Coriander Seed
1⁄2 teaspoon Natural Grocers Brand Bulk Organic Ground Ginger Root
1⁄2 teaspoon Natural Grocers Brand Bulk Organic Ground Nutmeg
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (10-ounce) bag of frozen butternut squash
1 cup Natural Grocers Brand Organic Frozen Blueberries
1⁄3 cup Natural Grocers Brand Bulk Organic Golden Raisins, or organic Thompson seedless raisins
1⁄3 cup Natural Grocers Brand Bulk Slivered Almonds, or Organic Pecan Pieces, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Lightly grease a 7-by-11-inch baking dish (an 8-by-8 works too).
- Put the can of coconut milk in a blender and mix until well blended. If you do not have a blender you can mix the coconut milk by hand in a mixing bowl with a whisk.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together one egg, ¼ cup maple syrup, and ¼ cup coconut milk.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the steel cut oats with the coriander, ginger, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the steel cut oat mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add the frozen butternut squash and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the combined mixture evenly in the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the frozen blueberries and raisins on top.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 4 eggs, ¼ cup maple syrup, the rest of the coconut milk, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and the nutmeg.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the blueberries and raisins.
- Sprinkle nuts on top (if using).
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bake is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
Source: Heather Isely