Natural Grocers Raspberry-Coconut Decadent Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 F. Fill muffin tins with parchment baking cups. Make decadence:
- In small mixing bowl combine 1/4 cup coconut/palm sugar, 1/4 cup coconut oil, slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon almond flour and shredded coconut. Mix thoroughly.
Make muffin batter:
- In large mixing bowl mix together the almond flour, potato starch, coconut/palm sugar, salt and baking powder
- In small mixing bowl combine coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and organic applesauce. Whisk together.
- Pour wet coconut oil mixture over dry ingredients and mix together until combined. Add organic red raspberries and mix until the raspberries are mixed through evenly.
- Spoon muffin batter into parchment baking cups – about 2/3 full. Top with thin layer of decadence mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are mostly firm to the touch.
- Cool and enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe was developed and tested at 5000 ft. elevation. For lower elevations, we suggest reducing the liquid by 2-4 tablespoons per cup called for, and increasing the baking time as needed.