1. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet on the grill and preheat to medium-low (300-350°F).
2. If using bacon, add to the skillet and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. If not using bacon, add the coconut oil to the skillet. Add frozen vegetables, peppers, and onion and stir to coat with the oil. Close grill for 2-3 minutes to let vegetables cook, then open and stir. Repeat until vegetables are soft, about three times, or 6-8 minutes total.
3. Stir in garlic, chili flakes, and salt. Let cook for 1 minute. Add the broth, being sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
4. Add milk and black pepper, and cover for about 2 minutes, or until milk just starts to bubble. Watch closely to make sure the milk does not scorch.
5. Dump the pasta into the skillet and stir; milk should be at a gentle boil (you may need to adjust your grill temp to maintain this). Alternate between closing the grill to let pasta cook and stirring the pasta frequently until pasta is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
6. Stir in cheeses a handful at a time, being sure to let the cheese melt before adding the next handful. Once all of the cheese is added, stir in bacon, close grill, and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.
7. Serve with grilled meat or meat alternative and a summer salad for a complete meal!
Recommended Wine Style: Chenin Blanc