Topping suggestions: powdered sugar, fresh organic berries, miso caramel sauce, organic mixed berry compote, coconut whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and position an oven rack in the bottom-middle of the oven. Line the bottom of an 8 to10-inch springform cake pan or a regular cake pan with parchment paper (use the cake pan to trace and cut a circle to fit) and grease the sides well. If worried about springform leaking, use enough parchment paper to bring it up the sides of the pan or wrap two layers of foil around the bottom and outside of the pan.
2. Melt the chocolate and buttery sticks together in a double boiler or in the microwave. Add vanilla extract, stir until well combined, and set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat the eggs until frothy and have doubled in size, 5-8 minutes.
4. Gently fold the melted chocolate into the whipped eggs, about a third at a time. Once fully combined, pour into prepared cake pan.
5. Place a roasting pan on the oven rack and center the cake pan within. Carefully pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the cake pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until set and edges have hardened (cook for the longer time for a more solid center).
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool. If baked in a springform pan, remove sides, invert cake onto a serving plate; if baked in a regular cake pan, simply invert onto a serving plate. Remove parchment paper and top with desired toppings just before serving. Note: If you prefer a firmer cake, simply store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recommended Beverage Style: Beer
- Samuel Smith Organic Raspberry Ale
**We do our best to provide you with recipes using good4u ingredients, but be sure to read labels to ensure that your choice of ingredient meets your specific dietary needs.