1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl the pan to coat. Add the diced onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent, 7-8 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, cumin, paprika, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until spices are fragrant, about one minute. Add the entire can of tomatoes and use about two tablespoons of water to rinse the can out and add that water to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Using the back of a spoon, make eight equally spaced indentations in the sauce. Carefully crack an egg into each indentation. Spoon a little sauce over the white of each egg, leaving the yolk exposed. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Turn the heat down just slightly to maintain a gentle simmer. Cover and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking, 5-6 minutes for soft yolks and 7-8 minutes for firm yolks.
4. Lightly toast the bread, crumble the feta, and mince the parsley while the eggs cook.
5. To serve, gently transfer two eggs each and a quarter of the sauce to four bowls. Top with feta and parsley if using and serve with the lightly toasted bread.
Recommended Wine Style: Riesling