1. Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro lime crema in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a small serving bowl.
2. Mix the taco spices in a large bowl. Remove the tails from each shrimp and pat them dry before adding them to the bowl with the spice blend. Toss to evenly coat the shrimp in the spices.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add about half of the olive oil, swirling the pan to coat, and add as many shrimp as will fit without crowding. Cook for two to three minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Transfer cooked shrimp to a plate or bowl, add the remaining olive oil to the skillet, and cook the remaining shrimp.
4. While the shrimp is cooking, prep the cabbage, carrot, green onion, and jalapeños and toss them together in a bowl. Prep the avocado.
5. Heat the corn tortillas four at a time on a microwave-safe plate covered with a damp paper towel in 30 second increments until warmed. Alternatively, heat each tortilla in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 15 to 30 seconds per side. Keep warmed tortillas wrapped in a clean kitchen towel while you warm the rest of them.
6. Allow everyone to build their own tacos by layering the cabbage mixture, avocado slices, shrimp, and cilantro lime crema as desired in tortillas or lettuce leaves.
Recommended Beer Style: Lager