Last Updated: July 31, 2018
We follow the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more personal information about you than is necessary;
- We do not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed; and
Types of Information Gathered
We may obtain personal information from and about you in a number of different ways, including:
- Information that you give to us voluntarily while using a feature of this Website;
- When you purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services in our stores or on this Website;
- As described in the section titled “Cookies” below, or when you participate in interactive features of this Website;
- When you place online orders, purchase gift cards or participate on our customer engagement program;
- When you conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, age-restricted purchases);
- When you sign up for our e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications;
- When you register at a third-party website, and provide personal information to such third parties, as we may (pursuant to agreements between Natural Grocers and those third parties) obtain such information to populate our registration forms for use when you hyperlink to this Website;
- When you enter a contest or sweepstakes; or
- When you send us email messages or call us by telephone (including when you provide us with comments, suggestions or other input).
During such activities, we may collect personal information about you that is not publicly available and can identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, birth date, gender and financial information, such as credit card number. We do so to fulfill our contractual obligations (such as providing our services or completing orders) and for our legitimate business purposes (such as improving the Website or services). We may also collect personal information with your consent.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), that collect information about user traffic on this Website. The information we collect by automated means may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of visits to this Website (including whether you are a registered member or first time visitor); and
- information on actions taken on this Website (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
In order for you to receive certain benefits of this Website you may first be asked to register by supplying certain information. The more information you choose to share with us, the better we can craft our services to meet your needs.
Surveys and Polls
From time to time, users of this Website may be asked to participate in voluntary surveys and polls. As a part of this process, you may be asked to supply personal information, such as demographic information and lifestyle preferences. These surveys will be strictly voluntary and you can choose to disclose this information or not.
Use of Information
We may use information gathered through this Website to: (i) provide services to you; (ii) administer our business activities; (iii) process, fulfill, manage and bill purchases, orders, payments, returns, exchanges and requests for information (including through third-party merchandise and service suppliers); (iv) understand demographics and content preferences; (v) better serve you and other Natural Grocers customers: (vi) deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, promotions, new services, in-store messages, emails and text messages; (vii) send marketing communications and other information regarding our products, services and promotions; (viii) administer and improve this Website; (ix) conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys; (x) administer sweepstakes and contests; (xi) provide notice of changes to this Website; (xii) prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft; (xiii) provide information in connection with the sale, purchase, merger or reorganization of Natural Grocers; and (xiv) assist law enforcement, respond to subpoenas or disclose information when legally compelled to do so or when Natural Grocers, in good faith, believes that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or those of a third party.
Disclosure of Information
We will not sell or otherwise share personally identifying information with third parties or nonaffiliated companies except for those purposes described above, or as required by law. However, we may share aggregate data collected through this Website that does not personally identify any party and may from time to time share this type of data with our business partners.
Information from Public Forums
Choice Regarding Promotional Communications
Accessing, Amending and Deleting your Personal Information
If you request that we delete the personal information that we have collected, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
Additionally, if you are in the European Union, you may reach out to us to request a copy of your personal information, to request a transfer of your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances, to withdraw any consents that you have provided for processing your personal information, or to request that we cease processing your personal information. However, please note that it may not be possible for us to cease processing all of the personal information we hold if we have another legal basis or requirement for maintaining such information. You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant data protection authority in your country.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
This Website is not intended for the use by anyone under the age 18 years. Natural Grocers does not knowingly solicit and does not wish to receive any information from children. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact information below.
Security and Retention
We have attempted to take all reasonable steps to have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect personal information gathered through this Website. This includes compliance with related federal regulations and may include use of industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to fulfill your requests, provide this Website, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Our servers and data centers are located in the United States. If you choose to use the Services from outside the United States, then you should know that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.
12612 West Alameda Parkway
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
Attn: General Counsel