Natural Grocers BLT Salad
This recipe takes the classic BLT sandwich and turns it on its head. All of the BLT flavors you love, plus some, but without the bread! It’s super easy to make, and the bacon, lettuce, and tomato combined with fresh avocado and hard-boiled eggs make this salad deliciously satisfying, and filling too!
- Place eggs in a saucepan; add cold water to cover the eggs by one inch. Heat over high heat until just boiling. Remove from the burner, cover, and let eggs stand in the hot water for 12 minutes. Drain and run cold water over the eggs. To peel, tap them on the countertop until cracked, and use a teaspoon (or your fingers) to remove the peel. Cut each egg in half and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, garlic, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 cups of lettuce to two salad bowls.
- Drizzle the dressing equally over each bowl.
- Top with eggs, bacon, avocado, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes for garnish.