Natural Grocers Niçoise Salad
Our version of salad Niçoise (pronounced knee-suahz) is a slight variation from the traditional French version, but equally delicious. Loaded with fresh veggies and protein-packed tuna, it is quick and easy to put together and makes a very satisfying meal.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with water (2 inches of water above the potatoes), and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the vinaigrette and cook the green beans. For the vinaigrette: Add the oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey to a small jar with a fitted lid. Shake until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. For the green beans: Fill a medium pot halfway with water, and add 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans to the boiling water. Cook until tender, but still firm to bite, 3-5 minutes. Drain and either rinse with cold water to stop cooking or shock for 30 seconds in ice water and drain.
- Once the potatoes are done, drain the water and place them in a bowl and dress with ¼ cup of the vinaigrette; toss and stir until well coated. Set aside.
- Divide the lettuce among four dinner plates or large salad bowls. Divide the tuna fillets evenly and mound in the center of the lettuce on each plate. Arrange the potatoes and green beans in mounds on opposite sides of the tuna. Add the hard-boiled eggs, olives, and tomatoes in mounds around the tuna.
- Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette equally over each salad and serve immediately.