Garlic Green Beans Recipe
2 tablespoons organic butter or ghee
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (12-ounce) package fresh green beans
1 half of a lemon, juice and zest
- Sort through green beans and trim ends if necessary.
- Warm butter or ghee in a skillet over low heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant; do not brown.
- Add green beans, toss to coat with the butter and garlic, cover and let cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. Uncover to stir every 1-2 minutes until the green beans are tender-crisp, about 5-7 minutes total.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the green beans, sprinkle the zest over top, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source: Karen Falbo