**For a meatless version, substitute chicken wings for 2 large heads of cauliflower cut into florets or two (10-ounce) bags frozen cauliflower. Decrease baking time to 35 minutes.
1. Combine ingredients for the sauce or dry rub in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Add the chicken wings to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss until fully coated. Add sauce or dry rub and toss again.
3. For slow cooker (sauced wings only): Grease inside of slow cooker with coconut oil. Pour in coated wings and sauce and cover. Set on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours, or until wings are tender but not falling apart. Optional for crispy tops: Transfer wings from crockpot to a baking sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes, until lightly crisped.
4. For baked wings: Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up. Place an oven-safe cooling rack on top of the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Place coated wings on rack and spoon any sauce or rub that is left in the bowl onto the wings. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the wings are cooked through.
5. Serve cooked wings with celery, carrots, and dipping sauce of choice such as Natural Grocers’ recipes for Dairy-Free Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dip.
Recommended Wine Style: Riesling