Thank you for your interest in partnering with Natural Grocers! In today’s competitive retail arena we take great care to make the best choices among new products. We always welcome new product submissions and we do carefully consider each one. Click here for more information on our Body Care Standards.
We know your time is valuable. In order to conserve time and resources, please review the following criteria prior to submitting your product:
1. We must receive an actual physical sample of the product with the actual product in the sample.
2. Quality Questionnaire must be filled out and sent with product sample (linked below). It also must be submitted in an electronic format. One questionnaire per brand to be submitted is needed (not one questionnaire per product).
3. You must fill out the current version of the Product Submission Form (linked below). It must be sent in an electronic format, to the Body Care email address listed below. Include the following information on the form:
UPC #(s) of Product(s) Submitted
Suggested Retail Price
Opening Order Discount %
Ongoing Discount %
Please designate if the product will be sold direct or through a distributor. If it is sold through a distributor, the distributor item number and distributor for each item needs to be noted.
Samples should be sent to
Purchasing Dept, Body Care
4403 Table Mountain Drive, Ste. A
Golden, CO 80403
4. We will not approve any products that contain:
- Aluminum or Alcloxa
- Artificial colors (FD&C)
- Artificial fragrances
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole)
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Butylhydroxytoluene)
- Bismuth Oxychloride
- Coal tar
- DBP (dibutyl phthalate)
- DEET (diethyl-meta-toluamide)
- Formaldehyde & Formaldehyde donors such as DMDM Hydantoin, quaternium 15, diazolidinyl urea, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, 2-bromo-2-nitropane-1, 3-diol.
- Hydrogenated Oils
- Isopropyl Alcohol (If the product contains SD alcohol, we will need to know the formula used in denaturing.)
- Mineral Oil
- Parabens (methyl, propyl, butyl & ethyl parabens)
- Petroleum or Petrolatum
- Phthalates, Phthalate Esters, Phthalic Acid(s)
- Propylene Glycol
- Testosterone Cream
5. If the product you are submitting is from a new company (one not carried by Natural Grocers previously), we need to know your return and freight policies. If approved, you will also need to turn in a completed Vendor Information Form (VIF) for our accounts receivable department.
6. Ongoing discounts for a product will be passed along to the consumer resulting in a lower retail.
7. We do not accept multi-level products, or products from independent distributors.
8. Any line extensions, changes to product formulas, reinstatement of previously discontinued products etc. must be submitted as new products for consideration. They are not automatically approved.
9. For all new products approved by Natural Grocers, sales reps/brokers must give equal number of suggestions of products within their lines to be discontinued by Natural Grocers. These products can be special ordered for customers but must be removed from our shelves. Product discontinuation will be at the discretion of Natural Grocers.
10. We have a 100% return policy for our customers and it is absolutely necessary to have the same from our vendors. Failure to provide a 100% customer return policy may result in non-approval of your product.
Failure to provide a completed Product Submission Form, registered UPCs, completed Body Care Quality Questionnaire (vendors new to Natural Grocers), and live product samples with current ingredient decks and formulations may result in an automatic decline of your product.
Body Care Quality Questionnaire:
Next Step – Click on the link below to download*; then review, complete and return the Body Care New Product Form per the instructions:
*Note: Please note that some of these files may take up to a minute to download, please be patient.