1. For the French toast: Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Tear the crusty bread into chunks, or cut into ½-inch cubes, and evenly distribute in the pan. If using regular pre-sliced gluten-free bread, lay the pieces on a baking sheet, and toast in a 350⁰ F preheated oven for 10 minutes to partially dry the bread before tearing into chunks.
2. Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Pour evenly over the bread and scatter the blueberries over the top.
3. Melt the ½ stick of plant-based butter. While the butter is melting, stir together the dry ingredients (almond flour, pecan pieces, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt) in a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and mix until well combined. The mixture will be slightly sticky; use your fingers to drop small bits over the casserole
4. Cover the pan and store in the refrigerator overnight (up to 12 hours) or bake right away.
5. When ready to bake the casserole, preheat the oven to 350⁰ F. If refrigerated, remove the casserole from the fridge and let sit at room temperature until the oven is preheated. Bake uncovered for 45-55, until the egg has cooked and the casserole has set. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Scoop individual servings onto plates, top with the remaining plant-based butter and drizzle with warmed maple syrup.