- Pierce the vitamin E capsule and combine with the garlic. Rub over the chicken skin, thoroughly covering all sides.
- Combine the salt, pepper, oregano, and herbs de Provence in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken, thoroughly coating all sides of each piece.
- Cover and let marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the grill while the chicken is marinating.
- Place drumsticks on the grill first, as they take slightly longer to cook. Grill for 5 minutes then add the thighs, skin side down, and grill for 5 minutes before turning. Turn chicken (drumsticks and thighs) and finish cooking to an internal temperature of 165°F, about 7 more minutes.
Try this Grilling hack!
Heterocyclic amines (HCAs) form when meat is cooked at very high temperatures, like grilling, and they are very bad for your health. But here’s the good news: We’ve got a super easy grilling hack that will save your meat, and your health! Just add a squeeze of vitamin E to your meat before it’s cooked—vitamin E has been shown to reduce the formation of HCAs by 90%!!1
Source: Lani Jacobs-Banner