1. Place a skillet over medium heat; once hot, add the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is starting to brown, but not too crisp, 8-12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, scoop bacon bits out, transfer to a plate and set aside.
2. While the bacon cooks, make the guacamole. In a large bowl, mash the avocados. Add the tomatoes, jalapeño, and lime juice. Stir until well combined and season with salt to taste.
3. Add the ground beef and seasonings to a mixing bowl and use your hands to thoroughly combine. Divide into four equal portions and form into ¼-½-inch-thick patties.
4. Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until preferred doneness. If using cheese, add when burger is turned for the first time.
5. Toast the buns and place the burger patties on buns (or on the lettuce leaves if using). Top with guacamole and crumbled bacon along with any optional ingredients and serve immediately.
Want to Make it Vegetarian?
For the burger use 2 packages of Beyond Meat Burgers and for the bacon use your favorite vegan or vegetarian bacon alternative product!