1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Follow directions on pie crust packaging and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
3. While the crust is baking, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into chunks. Place into a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water. Over high heat, boil for 5 to 10 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Remove from the heat and drain most of the water, leaving just a small amount of water in the pan. Add the tablespoon of butter and mash sweet potatoes with a hand masher or purée in a food processor.
4. In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs, coconut cream, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Sprinkle the spices over the top and whisk until combined.
5. If you hand mashed the sweet potatoes add them to the egg mixture, stir a couple of times with a spoon and then whisk until smooth. If you used a food processor to purée the potatoes, add the egg-coconut cream mixture to the bowl of the food processor and process until smooth and well combined.
6. Pour the sweet potato pie filling into the crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until pie filling is set. It should be just slightly jiggly.
7. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Let cool for one hour prior to serving or refrigerating.
Nutrition per serving:
per one serving
Browse All of Our Thanksgiving Menus