Cheese Stuffed Italian Meatballs Recipe
These unique cheesy meatballs are made with a delicious blend of Italian sausage and ground bison.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add the onion. Sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes, and add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bison and sausage, almond flour, parsley, Italian spice, cooked onion and garlic, and egg with hands until well mixed.
- Use a soup spoon and your hands to form about 30 even-sized meatballs, about 1 ½-inches in diameter, and place on a baking sheet.
- Cut goat cheese into 30 chunks, each approximately ½-teaspoon in size.
- Use your thumb to form a hole in the middle of each meatball and place a chunk of goat cheese in the middle. Pinch the meatball closed around the cheese and place it back onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 16 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160° F. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and serve over butter and garlic zucchini noodles or with cauliflower Parmesan.
Source: Lani Jacobs-Banner