Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
An alternative ‘mash’ loaded with cruciferous veggies.
3 large heads cauliflower
3⁄4 cup liquid broth, cream or almond milk
3 tablespoons ghee
2 heads garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast the garlic bulb by cutting off the top of the head to expose the individual garlic cloves. lace in aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil, then seal the foil around the garlic.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cloves are soft.
- Allow garlic to cool then squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the skin.
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower florets in a covered pot. Steam for 12-14 minutes, until completely tender.
- Drain cauliflower and return to pot. Add roasted garlic, ghee, a liquid of choice, and salt to taste.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, combine ingredients until smooth.
- If desired, top with grated cheese and place in a reduced temperature oven, long enough to let the cheese melt (2-3 min.).