Denver - Design District - Alameda and Broadway
368 S Broadway
Denver, CO 80209
The berries are the stars of this delicate cake. Lightly sweet and studded with ripe berries, it is perfect for a light dessert, afternoon tea, or a special breakfast for mom. The best part is that it comes together in just 15 minutes, so you can whip one up anytime you’ve got a bounty of fresh berries (and trust us, you’ll want to!).
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Generously grease a 9- or 10-inch cake pan.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
3. Cream the butter and ½ cup of sugar together in a large bowl until the color is a shade lighter and it is light and fluffy (use a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer for ease). Add the zest, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix until smooth.
4. Add about half of the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar and mix until combined. Add half of the buttermilk and mix until combined. Repeat with remaining flour and buttermilk.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Distribute the berries evenly over the top of the batter and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the cake pan. Serve warm or at room temperature with toppings as desired.
Pizzolatto Sparkling Rosé Secco Spumante
Made with creamy mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill, crunchy celery, and green onion, the texture and flavor of this Smashed Chickpea Salad is delightful. Try it stuffed into a sandwich, on top a bed of salad greens, or spooned on crackers; you’ll find many ways to enjoy this salad and almost anything goes! To make it plant-based, simply sub a vegan mayo for the mayonnaise.
1. Add the garbanzo beans to a large bowl and simply mash with a fork until texture appears flaked, almost like tuna.
2. Add the green onion, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, and seasonings to the mashed beans and stir until well combined.
3. For serving, pile high on bread (open faced or as sandwiches) or fill lettuce cups; top with your choice of sliced avocado, broccoli sprouts, and/or sliced red pepper.
Options for serving: Try lettuce cups; on sandwiches topped with avocado slices, broccoli sprouts, and/or sliced red pepper; on top of salad greens; as an appetizer served with crackers; or rolled with plenty of vegetables into a tortilla for a wrap
Organic Pale Ale by Samuel Smith