1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place chicken thighs in a baking dish just large enough to hold them. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into ½-inch cubes.
2. While the chicken cooks, prepare the apple, grapes, and celery. Combine them in a large bowl with ¼ cup mayonnaise and vinegar and stir until evenly dressed. Let rest in the refrigerator until the chicken is cut into cubes.
3. About 5 minutes before the chicken is done, spread the nuts on a baking sheet. Place in oven with the chicken and toast until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
4. Once the chicken is cubed, combine with the rest of the salad and stir until evenly dressed. Add the extra mayonnaise if a creamier dressing is desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately on individual lettuce leaves or chill in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Top with nuts right before serving to retain their crunchy texture.
Recommended Beverage Style: Gruner Veltliner White Wine
- Huber Vision Gruner Veltliner