- Preheat the grill.
- Remove the outer green leaves from the cauliflower and slice the cauliflower from top to bottom into “steaks” about 1 ½ to 2-inches thick each.
- Place olive oil, salt, and pepper into a small bowl and whisk well. Using a basting brush, baste both sides of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on the grill and grill until char marks appear and the cauliflower is just tender, approximately 5-8 minutes on each side, depending upon the heat of the grill.
- If using frozen corn, heat it in a saucepan with a small amount of water.
- Once the cauliflower is done, cut it into small florets and place in a large bowl.
- Strain the corn and add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the cauliflower. Toss to mix well and garnish with cilantro sprigs before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can grill the corn!
Top with toasted pine nuts.
You can also roast the cauliflower instead of grilling it. To do so, preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Add to a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix well. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake until just tender and golden brown, approximately 35 minutes.
Source: Mark Reinfeld, The Doctor & The Chef