1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9-inch pan with oil or butter.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions and pour into the prepared pan.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the apple mixture ingredients until well combined. Spread evenly over the cake better.
4. Wipe out the bowl and add the topping ingredients. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples and cake batter.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or cinnamon just before serving if you’d like and for an extra-special treat, top with a scoop of organic ice cream.
Recommended Beverage Style: Cider