PaleOMG’s Stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
Paleo food blogger and Natural Grocers partner, Juli of PaleOMG, says pairing paleo and fitness completely changed her life. If you’re new to paleo or wanting to clean up your diet, PaleOMG transforms your favorite meals into paleo-friendly recipes, served with humor and a lot of personality!
Juli recommends enjoying this meal with a glass of Crémant du Jura sparkling wine, found at select Natural Grocers, and making some Cappello’s Paleo, Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet, spray with coconut oil spray and place the bacon on the wire rack. Place in the oven to bake for 13-15 minutes, until slightly crispy.
- While the bacon cooks, cut each potato lengthwise into ½-inch thick pieces. Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts from each potato slice. Repeat with all potatoes, then place potato hearts in a large bowl, add the ghee and salt, and toss to combine. Place in an air fryer, turn temperature up to 400 º F, and cook up to 20 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the potatoes. At every 5 minutes of the 20 minutes, pause the air fryer and toss the potatoes. This will help them evenly cook. Leave in the air fryer to keep warm.
- While the potatoes cook, use a meat tenderizer to pound chicken thighs to about a ¼ inch thickness. In a bowl, mix together herb garlic cheese, parsley, and rosemary until combined. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture on to each chicken thigh, spreading throughout the entire piece of chicken. Roll each piece of chicken up, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and carefully wrap a piece of prosciutto around each piece of chicken.
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and sear each prosciutto- wrapped chicken thigh for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Once the bacon is done cooking, set aside and turn the temperature down to 350 degrees F. Place the cast iron skillet with the chicken in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, add the arugula or spinach to a large bowl with the bacon, radishes, tomatoes, and Caesar dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
- Divide the salad between two plates and add two pieces of the prosciutto-wrapped chicken thighs along with some heart-shaped potatoes to each plate. Serve with love! And don’t forget to pour yourself and your loved one glass of Crémant du Jura sparkling wine and/or make some gluten-free cookies to enjoy after dinner!
*This time will range depending on the thickness and size of the heart-shaped potatoes. You may need to add or remove sometimes.
I’m Juli and I am food obsessed. I take food infatuation to a whole new level. I hate how obsessed I am with food. Not really.
I eat paleo. If you did not notice from the blog name, well, that’s understandable. It’s not Pale Omg, like the skin color. I’m usually pretty tan. I love spray tans. It’s actually pronounced pay-lee-o.m.g. There ya go, you did it! I just love food. I even eat some gluten free stuff. Don’t freak out though. I just REALLY love food. Especially food that makes me feel good. Are you pickin’ up what I’m throwin’ down? Good.
I write this blog for you from Denver, CO. I hate hiking and outdoor sports. And I don’t drive a Subaru, but I swear I am a native. I like CrossFit. Ok love. It’s pretty much the best thing that’s ever happened to me. When I’m not blogging or writing cookbooks, I’m working out.
Here’s the thing, pairing paleo and CrossFit together has completely changed my life. I’ve never felt better inside or out. So I love dressing up in clothes and sharing some of my outfits and affordable finds, other than just the workout clothes I wear daily. I want to share with people not only the food that I create in my own kitchen to make me feel healthier and happier, but also the things that make me feel confident. Like fashion. Or beauty. Or my workouts. And how I eat gluten free when I travel.
Paleo isn’t just about the food you eat, it’s also about how it makes you feel!