1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. While the oven is preheating, salt the tenderloin on both sides and let sit while you prepare the coating.
3. Mix the chia seeds, mustard seeds, and rosemary in a small bowl. Place the meat on a sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle the mixture over the tenderloin and coat all around. Press the coating on with your hands to ensure it adheres.
4. Heat a large oven-proof skillet (large enough for the tenderloin; it’s okay to curve the pork a little to fit the pan) over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the avocado oil and sear the tenderloin on one side, 3-5 minutes.
5. Flip the tenderloin and place the pan into the preheated oven. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 140°F (medium) or 160°F (well-done), 15-20 minutes total. (Note: Cooking time will vary with the size of the tenderloin.)
6. Once desired temperature has been reached, remove the pan from the oven and loosely cover with foil to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Recommended Wine Style: Beaujolais Red
- Vignobles Bulliat Beaujolias Villages