1. Prepare the grill to 350ᵒ F. Brush to clean the grates, add olive oil to a paper towel and lightly oil the grates.
2. In a large salad bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, oil, mustard, lemon juice (and zest if using), Worcestershire, garlic, anchovies, and water until well combined. If dressing is thicker than desired, add additional water 1-2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Transfer half of the dressing to small bowl and set aside.
3. Working in batches if necessary, lay the kale leaves flat on the grill and cook on both sides until the edges are beginning to brown and the kale starts to wilt, 3 to 4 minutes total. Transfer the kale from the grill to a baking sheet, spreading the leaves out to cool between batches.
4. Pull the grilled kale leaves from the stems in bite-size pieces and add to the salad bowl (discard the stems). Sprinkle with Parmesan shreds and croutons and toss to coat in the dressing. Optional: for a finer textured Parmesan cheese, pulse the cheese in a blender or food processor.
5. Divide among four salad plates and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Note: Click here for Homemade Gluten-Free Croutons recipe.
Recommended Wine Style: Chardonnay
- Frey Vineyards Chardonnay