1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Make a flax “egg” by mixing the ground flax seeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix the sunflower seed butter, buttery spread, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until uniform. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
4. Once the flax egg is about the consistency of an egg white, mix it into the sunflower butter mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix until all the flour is incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop the batter by the tablespoon onto a cookie sheet at least 2-inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just starting to lightly brown.
6. Allow cookies to cool for an hour to turn green. Cookies are best enjoyed the day they are made, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days once they are completely cooled.