Natural Grocers Chopped Salad With Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe
Fresh veggies coated in a creamy avocado ranch dressing and topped with hearty, protein-rich vegetarian toppings make this chopped salad a simple meal or side that is sure it please both vegetarians and meat eaters alike.
- Hard boil the eggs using your favorite method. Continue preparing the rest of the recipe while the eggs boil.
- Toast the walnuts over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant and very lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer walnuts to a plate to cool.
- Make the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding a small amount of additional water as needed (the dressing should be fairly thick). Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set aside.
- Combine the carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, and kidney beans in a large serving bowl.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts. Peel the eggs and slice lengthwise into quarters.
- To serve, add the dressing to the bowl of chopped vegetables and mix well. Add the lettuce and toss until well combined. Divide the salad evenly among serving plates and top each with an equal portion of walnuts, eggs, and cheese.