- Shake or blend the coconut milk to combine the cream and water.
- Add the cherries, vanilla, salt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and ½ the can of coconut milk to a blender and pulse 4-5 times, or until the mixture is well combined, but retaining little bits of cherry; or blend to desired smoothness.
- Add the last tablespoon of maple syrup to the remaining coconut milk and stir until well combined. To each popsicle mold, add approximately 2 tablespoons coconut milk (less if your molds are smaller). Note: You may need to stir the coconut milk while pouring to prevent the maple syrup from settling in the bottom.
- Carefully pour the cherry mixture into the molds on top of the coconut milk, leaving about one-quarter inch of room at the top, allowing the popsicles to expand as they freeze. Use a butter knife or spoon handle to gently stir the coconut milk and cherry mixture in the molds, creating swirls of white and red.
- Place in the freezer and leave for approximately 5 hours, or until frozen solid.
- When ready, remove from freezer, let sit at room temp for 5 minutes or run under warm water, remove from the molds, and store in a container in the freezer or serve immediately.
Note: This recipe is versatile. You can exchange the cherries for mixed berries, single berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries), peaches, mango, pineapple, plum, or apricot. The coconut milk can also be exchanged for cream or yogurt. Experiment to find your favorite combo!
Recommended Beer Style: Rose
- Cooper Mountain Rose of Pinot Noir