1. Preheat the oven to 450⁰ F and grease a 12-serving muffin pan and four servings in a second pan.
2. Mix the hash browns, cheese shreds, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large bowl until well combined. Divide the mixture among the 16 muffin cups and use your fingers to pack them tightly and shape into nests. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are starting to brown and the cheese has melted. When done, remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350⁰ F.
3. While the nests cook, cook the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until it is nicely browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Add the kale, stir to combine and remove from the heat.
4. Whisk 10 eggs in a mixing bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the sausage-kale mixture evenly among the 16 nests and use a ladle or measuring cup to add the eggs until full. If additional egg is needed, whisk the two remaining eggs, season with salt and pepper and add. Use a clean cloth to wipe any spilled egg around the cups. Place in the oven and bake for 13-16 minutes, or until the egg is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and gently slide a knife along the edges or use a fork to carefully lift each nest out. Serve immediately, topped with optional ingredients, or refrigerate for a grab-and-go weekday breakfast (they are delicious re-warmed for a snack, quick breakfast, or lunch).
Recommended Beverage Style: Hard Kombucha