- At least one night before, place the unopened can of coconut milk in the refrigerator.
To make the lemon curd:
- Put the lemon juice, lemon extract, honey, butter (cut into cubes), and a pinch of salt into a glass heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Whisk together until the butter has melted and the ingredients are fully blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and yolks lightly with a fork.
- Move the bowl of lemon and butter off the heat and very slowly whisk the eggs into the warm lemon mixture.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring regularly, until the mixture thickens and becomes custard-like, 3-5 minutes. The curd should be smooth and creamy. Remove immediately from the heat. (If you leave it on the heat longer, the curd will thicken too much and your curd may become lumpy.)
- Allow to cool to the touch, stirring occasionally. Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
To make the whipped coconut cream:
- Open the refrigerated can of coconut milk and scoop the solidified cream that has risen to the top into a pre-chilled mixing bowl, saving the remaining liquid for another use (smoothies).
- Beat on low using a whisk attachment with a stand mixer or a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Increase speed to high and continue beating until thick and smooth consistency. Fold in cooled lemon curd, and beat briefly to fully incorporate.
Make the strawberry filling:
- Drain the liquid off the thawed strawberries and combine in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of honey and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mash the strawberries with a fork until it reaches a jam-like consistency with small chunks of strawberry.
To assemble the parfaits:
- Evenly spoon the strawberry mixture into four glasses or bowls, followed by a layer of the lemon-coconut cream. Continue layering with the remaining berries and cream mixture, finishing with a layer of cream.
- Top each parfait with lemon zest for garnish, and serve immediately or hold in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Source: Adapted from: gourmandeinthekitchen.com/2013/strawberry-lemon-coconut-cream-parfait-recipe