1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Cut bread slices with a bread knife into ½- to 1-inch cubes. Do this by stacking half of the bread and slicing it into cubes as a stack. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
3. Toss the bread cubes with olive oil in a large bowl. Dump the cubes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown, checking frequently and stirring to ensure even cooking.
4. While the bread cubes toast, plant-based butter in medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add diced celery, onion, poultry seasoning, and salt; stir to mix. Cook until onion is translucent and soft, 5-8 minutes.
5. Remove bread cubes from oven and set aside to cool. Increase oven temperature to 375° F.
6. Add the zucchini and carrots to the softened onion-celery mixture and stir to combine; cook for about 5 minutes more, or until the zucchini has softened. Add pepper, stir to incorporate, and adjust seasonings as needed. Turn off heat.
7. As the veggies cook, chop the mushrooms.
8. Place the bread cubes in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and stir in the mushrooms. Pour the vegetable slurry over the top and mix well to ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed. Add up to 1 cup of broth for desired softness.
9. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown on top and cooked through.
Recommended Wine Style: Chardonnay
Browse All of Our Thanksgiving Menus