1. Heat a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Chop chard stems, discarding bottom ½-inch of each. Once the skillet is hot, add the olive oil, swirl to coat, and add the chard stems and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, and spices and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the chard and spinach leaves (with a little water from washing still clinging to the leaves) to the skillet. If your leaves are dry add 2-4 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook for a minute, then stir, cover and cook another minute, repeating until all the greens are wilted. Continue to cook covered, stirring occasionally, until greens are tender to your liking, 8-10 minutes total. There should be a little liquid in the pan, but if you’ve got a lot, remove the lid for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking to allow some to evaporate.
4. If using, add the coconut milk, stir to combine, and allow to warm through. Serve greens immediately with the juices.
Recommended Beverage Style: Hard Kombucha
- Flying Embers Watermelon Basil Hard Kombucha