1. Place the frozen or thawed vegetable scraps into a large stockpot or Dutch oven; if the scraps are frozen, the time to prepare will be slightly longer.
2. Add additional vegetables or seasonings as desired.
3. Add enough filtered water to cover the vegetables, then bring to a boil. Decrease heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Taste the broth for seasoning, adding salt, pepper, and/or any herbs you like.
5. Drain the broth through a fine mesh strainer or nut bag into a clean container. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days, or the freezer for up to three months.
Nutrition per serving
per one 8 oz serving *macros will vary depending on ingredients used*