1. Preheat the grill (350 to 400ᴼ F).
2. Place the prepared vegetables on a baking sheet or platter and drizzle with olive oil. Use tongs or your hands to toss the vegetables in the oil, ensuring they are all evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the harder vegetables like carrots, onion, cauliflower steaks, and bell pepper on the grill, crosswise over the grates. Close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the medium-hard vegetables like portobello mushrooms, mini peppers, and eggplant next. Close the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Turn all vegetables and add the softer vegetables like asparagus and zucchini last. Close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Turn all vegetables again, moving the ones that are done to the side over in-direct heat, or transfer to a serving dish and cover. Close the lid and let the vegetables finish cooking for another 2-3 minutes, or until they are done to your liking (crisp-tender or fork tender).
7. Transfer the vegetables to a serving dish, drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper, and if desired, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and/or sprinkle with freshly chopped herbs and serve immediately.
Recommended Wine Style: Blanc
- Grgich Hills Estate Fume Blanc Sauvignon Blanc