Citrus Salad with Fennel Dressing Recipe
Sweet, juicy, peak-of-season citrus and sautéed fennel come together in this fresh winter salad to awaken your taste buds and brighten your senses. Make it a complete meal by serving it with a delicious quiche.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer walnuts to a plate and set aside.
- Continuing over medium heat, swirl about ¼ of the olive oil in the skillet and add the shallot.
- When the shallot begins to sizzle, add the fennel and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and continue to sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining olive oil and vinegar. Set aside.
- Toss greens and parsley together and divide between 4 plates.
- Divide citrus rounds between the plates evenly, on top of the greens.
- Evenly top the citrus rounds with fennel dressing, sprinkle with walnut pieces, and serve.