Denver - Design District - Alameda and Broadway
368 S Broadway
Denver, CO 80209
Shake up Taco Tuesday with these Mexican-Inspired Carrot Fries! These crunchy-sweet carrot sticks have a spicy kick and make the perfect dipper for sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. The Natural Grocers® Brand Organic Taco Seasoning is also great for adding to your favorite taco filling for a quick and fun Mexican-inspired dinner.
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the egg and water in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, add the cheese, salt, and pepper and mix to combine. Note: If you have two medium-to-large bowls that seal, use them! This makes quick and easy work of the mixing.
3. Place the carrot “fries” into the egg mixture and using either tongs or clean hands, toss the carrots to thoroughly coat; if you have a sealable container, put the carrots fries in and shake vigorously. Remove the carrots and place them in the bowl with the cheese. Toss vigorously until the carrots are evenly coated; again, if you are using a sealable container, place the carrots in and shake, shake, shake! Using the tongs, place the carrots on the baking sheet, separating so they don’t touch.
4. Roast the carrots for 10-15 minutes, turning once. They should be lightly browned but still a bit crunchy.
5. Place the carrots on a serving dish, sprinkle lightly with the taco seasoning, add a squirt of lime juice, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. Serve warm with dipping sauces on the side.
Perfect for apple season, this gluten-free sheet cake spiked with cinnamon apple goodness and topped with a crispy crumble is the best of both worlds—pie and cake!
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9-inch pan with oil or butter.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions and pour into the prepared pan.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the apple mixture ingredients until well combined. Spread evenly over the cake better.
4. Wipe out the bowl and add the topping ingredients. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples and cake batter.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and/or cinnamon just before serving if you’d like and for an extra-special treat, top with a scoop of organic ice cream.